Fabulous 40's The Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fabulous 40's The Lounge

© 2012 - 2013 Fabulous 40's ... A place for us. 40 That's a milestone, isn't it? I feel like it is. Let's give each other and those on their way to being 40 some advice, laughs, love, & inspiration!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Fabulous 40's The Lounge on your social bookmarking website
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Year Round Public Schools?

Go down 
3 posters

Why aren't U.S.A. Schools full time, year round sessions? (Really)
It would ruin a Tradition?
Year Round Public Schools? Vote_lcap20%Year Round Public Schools? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Teachers Union won't budge on 3 month vacations?
 20% [ 1 ]
Parents need help with crop harvest?
 20% [ 1 ]
Vacations & Kid Camp Sites would go bankrupt?
Year Round Public Schools? Vote_lcap0%Year Round Public Schools? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Congress does not want our Kids as educated as other nations kids are?
Year Round Public Schools? Vote_lcap40%Year Round Public Schools? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Curmudgeon
FABULOUS
FABULOUS
Curmudgeon

Year Round Public Schools? Empty
PostSubject: Year Round Public Schools?   Year Round Public Schools? Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

U..S. of A. is a world leader in many fields, but education is not one of them. Many of the worlds productive and modern nations send the kids to school 12 months a year and it seems those kids can blow away our kids in any testing.

Why don't WE send our tricycle motors off year round?
Back to top Go down
sapphireturtle
Babe
Babe

PostSubject: Re: Year Round Public Schools?   Year Round Public Schools? Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

Believe it or not, there ARE some schools across the country that are year round. I lived in Iowa for about 6 months or so and had my oldest son enrolled in a public, year-round school. Granted we weren't there long enough to really see the benefits of it but I fell in love with the idea from the start. People get so freaked out by the term "year-round school" but what they don't realize is it's more or less the same number of attendance days...the breaks are just split up different. Instead of getting a week for spring break, you get two. Same for Thanksgiving. And add a week to the CHRISTMAS break as well. There are still the other holidays that "regular" school gets too. Summer break is actually shortened...by how much exactly I don't remember but I would think it would be a good thing for parents...don't have to worry about kids being home alone or finding stuff for them to do etc etc. People need to do some research about stuff before immediately rejecting it because it goes against "the norm".
Back to top Go down
IngridOB
FAB
FAB
IngridOB

PostSubject: Re: Year Round Public Schools?   Year Round Public Schools? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 9:59 pm

I wish we had year-round school. My son with Asperger's goes all year with a three week break during summer but my other kids going to the same school end next week and start again in September. By mid-August they are bored senseless and itching to go back. Adjusting it so winter vacation was longer and worked around the worst of the winter weather would be so much nicer.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbetweenthegrapevines.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Year Round Public Schools?   Year Round Public Schools? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Year Round Public Schools?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fabulous 40's The Lounge :: Main Lounge :: ~ Sit-n-Bull ~-
Jump to: